Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hard to believe, but we've been back at working on the Gem.  After all that work, we found out we had a leak that was threatening to destroy all the work we had put into the trailer.  We first noticed a bit of damage inside at the same exact place where most of the interior water damage had been before restoration.  There is a damaged spot on the roof where a tree landed.  Though we thought we had repaired it, it wasn't enough

We are now taking a piece of pvc roof, glueing it down over the damaged area (this included pulling up the vent and side trim) and triming it off.  Short of replacing the aluminum (which would have been the best choice), we went with what we had.  This however should take care of the leak for good and last a long time. 

No comments: