I thought I would stop by the blog and give an update.
We have been slowly tearing down the Bugg. It was in TERRIBLE shape. As we removed more and more from it, shortly after the aluminum was removed, it pretty much just caved in on itself.
Had we not the ability to weld, had we not built a teardrop trailer before... I would likely have said this trailer was too far gone to renovate... but we will simply pretty much rebuild most of it. Most of the exterior shell is just too far gone.
We have painted the bottom of the floor with the Fence asphalt paint and I'm real happy with the result. I think it will protect it well from rain on the roads. I would also like to add a sheet of roofing paper before we fasten it to the chassis...but we'll see.
The 1/2" floor also takes a 1' x 3/4" frame around the underneath perimeter for the aluminum to attach under the trailer. We still have to add this.
We've also been working on repairing the wheel wells, etc. Will add some photos once we've got the floor more finished.